Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or queries you may have - we would be happy to hear from you.
- "health information" refers to information or an opinion about the physical health of a person or disability of a person;
- "personal information" refers to information or an opinion (including health information and sensitive information) about a person whose identify is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion; and
- "sensitive information" refers to information about a person's professional or trade membership, criminal record and health information.
Purposes for Collecting Information
ASG only collects personal information about a person to the extent that this is necessary for one or more of the following purposes:
- to provide ASG's services including billing for the provision of the services;
- to market, advertise or otherwise promote ASG's services;
- to improve ASG's services;
- to provide general information about ASG's services;
- to undertake market research in relation to ASG's existing and potential future services;
- to monitor use of this website; and
- to comply with taxation, occupational health and safety laws, and any other applicable laws.
ASG only collects health information and other sensitive information about a person with their consent unless ASG is otherwise permitted to collect the information under the Privacy Act or Health Records Act. If the personal information requested by ASG for the provision of a service is not provided then ASG may not be able to provide the requested service.
Types of Information Collected
The types of personal information which ASG may collect and hold for the purposes outlined above include, without limitation, a person's name, address, telephone number, facsimile number, email address, credit card information, occupation, job title, employer's name and address, and information required to be provided to ASG by a person when using ASG's services.
Means of Collecting Information
ASG may collect personal information in a variety of different ways including, without limitation: over the Internet using this website, email or another form of electronic communication; over the telephone or facsimile; on forms, questionnaires or surveys; or person to person.
ASG may collect de-identified information through the use of this website, including the dates and times a person accesses this website, the domains from which a person visits this website, a person's activity on this website and Internet Protocol addresses. This information is sometimes called "click stream data".
ASG may use this data to analyse trends and statistics in order to improve this website and ASG's services. ASG collects this data through the use of various technologies, including "cookies".
A cookie is a text file that this website sends to the browser used by a person which is then stored on the person's computer as an anonymous tag that identifies that person's computer, but not the person, to ASG. A person can set their browser to disable cookies. However, some parts of this website may not function properly if cookies are disabled.
Some pages on this website and emails created by this website may also contain a "web beacon". A web beacon is a clear-pixel image which enables ASG to monitor a person's Internet activity. When an individual views a page that contains a web beacon, a de-identified notice of the visit is generated which may be processed by ASG. A web beacon usually works in conjunction with a cookie. If you disable cookies, a web beacon will be able to generate an anonymous notice of the visit but which cannot be associated with the information contained in the cookies.
Information Use and Disclosure
ASG will not use or disclose for a secondary purpose any personal information about a person that ASG collects other than the primary purpose of collection without the person's consent unless:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose (directly related if health information or other sensitive information) and the person would reasonably expect ASG to use or disclose the information for that secondary purpose;
- in the case of direct marketing not related to our activities - ASG has obtained the person's prior consent (unless it is not reasonably practicable to seek such consent and ASG otherwise complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act); or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act or Health Records Act.
By using this website a person will be deemed to consent to ASG using and disclosing their personal information for the purposes specified above in the section "Purposes for Collecting Information".
By using this website a person will also be deemed to consent to ASG processing and storing their personal information on servers operated by ASG's website host in the United States of America.
In providing services ASG may need to disclose personal information about a person to ASG's client with whom the person has entered into or intends to enter into a contract, the person's agents and representatives and ASG's service providers assisting in the provision of ASG's services including, without limitation, ASG's faxing service provider, credit card processing service provider and website host.
ASG will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information which ASG holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Where considered appropriate by ASG, ASG will use encryption when storing personal information, implement account auditing and access control procedures and comply with relevant industry standards for the protection of personal information.
When using ASG's website a person should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Although ASG strives to protect such information including, without limitation, through the use of strong data encryption where considered appropriate by ASG, ASG does not warrant the security of any information transmitted over the Internet.
By using this website a person accepts that their information will be transmitted to and from this website at their own risk.
Access, Correction and Further Information
ASG will provide a person with access to their personal information which is held by ASG unless ASG is permitted under the Privacy Act or Health Records Act to refuse to provide such access.
ASG will take reasonable steps to correct personal information held by ASG that is not accurate, complete and up to date or that is misleading.
A person may contact ASG's Privacy Officer using the contact details below if they require:
- access to any of their personal information held by ASG (where the person cannot obtain such access using this website);
- correction of any of their personal information held by ASG that they consider is not accurate, complete and up to date or is misleading; or
- further details about the way that ASG handles personal information.
Privacy Officer's Contact Details
ASG's Privacy Officer may be contacted by email, by telephone on +61 3 9029 2907,
or by mail to:
Affirm Software Group
343 Little Collins Street
MELBOURNE VICTORIA AUSTRALIA 3000